“St. Mary’s true to its traditions continues to be a community of faith and learning that fosters idealism, inspires hearts and informs minds in the wisdom which enables people to know and to do what is right”.
This community and its mission of educational service are grounded in the Gospels and therefore are inseparable from a value system that includes:
– An acknowledgement of the uniqueness and intrinsic worth of each person
– Encouragement and affirmation for all
– Concern for the needs and rights of others
– Protection for all who are vulnerable in our midst
Towards this end a community environment Is promoted in order to develop students:
– Who are motivated to live their lives in accordance with Gospel values
– Who are inner-directed and capable of choosing freely in accordance with their conscience
– Who will play their full role in the wider community as citizens who are informed, trustworthy and confident in their responsibilities
Spiritan Core Values
Openness to the Spirit
Guided by the Holy Spirit in our relationships, choices, behaviours and decisions.
A Sense of Community
Working together as a network of schools who are committed to the fulfillment of every individual’s human potential through support and advocacy.
Option for the Poor
To create an awareness of the disadvantaged in our society and to promote the responsibility for the better off towards a global society where poverty is eliminated.
Commitment to service
To follow in the footsteps of des Places by building a commitment of service to each other and to our communities.
Reflecting the missionary outlook of the Congregation, Spiritan education works for the empowerment of peoples and their liberation from injustice and poverty.
High Educational Standards
The realisation of each person’s holistic potential and to strive for excellence in all areas of life.
Personal and Faith Development
The moral, spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and cultural aspects of each student’s development is at the heart of the Spiritan vision of Education..